If you’re like me, every once in a while, you love taking a warm, relaxing bath, no matter the season.
But when the holidays come, my bath ritual becomes a definite must in my busy schedule.
Not only are the holidays a busy period for Green Acre Scent with everyone wanting to make natural beautifully-scented gifts that are good for the body and the soul, but I’m also busy keeping up with my own personal commitments.
I’m not complaining. Christmas is an important holiday and I love it. Even if you’re not into the commercial aspect of Christmas, I’m sure you’ll agree that nothing beats seeing the smile on someone’s face when they open your thoughtful gift to them. Ultimately, we all want the same thing – build memories and spoil our loved ones a little.
Over the years, self-care has become increasingly important for me and stability plays a big role when aiming for a complete state of wellbeing. To achieve the right balance, I make sure to include some “me” time to ease my spirits and unwind.
My go-to? A warm bubble bath - with my bath salts, of course!
Although bath salts don’t need any presentation, here are a few interesting facts you may not be aware of:
- Bath salts can contain different types of salts. Green Acre Scent’s are made of Epsom salt and of Dead Sea salt.
- Epsom salt is composed of naturally-occurring minerals, namely magnesium and sulfate.
- To the contrary of sea salt, Epsom salt is reported to soften the skin.
- The Dead Sea is renowned the world over and many people who have bathed in it have reported improved skin conditions, a fact generally attributed to its salt and trace minerals content, which contribute to relaxation and have been proven to nourish and treat skin in a variety of ways.
- According to a study, magnesium salt found in the Dead Sea enhances skin hydration and helps reduce inflammation.
- Doctors cite many health benefits emanating from soaking in a bath containing Epsom salt, including “relieving chronic pain, fighting off the cold and flu, soothing sore or inflamed feet, getting a better night’s sleep, and boosting your body’s levels of magnesium and sulfate”.
Shift your mood, nourish your skin
Adding botanicals to your bath has many benefits. When soaked, the plants release all of their goodies into the water, acting as a booster, a relaxant, or a moisturizer depending on the type of plant.
As the properties of the herbs are released into the water, a pleasant aroma fills the air which provides soul therapy, skin therapy, and aromatherapy all at once.
Through the use of organic grades of essential oils, Green Acre Scent’s bath salts come in three different aromas: Unwind (lavender, with patchouli and lemon), Vitality (rosemary, with eucalyptus and ginger) and Romance (a floral combination of rose, ylang ylang, geranium and sweet orange).
You may also like to know that all of my bath salts recipes contain more than 30 % of Dead Sea salt, which is much more than standard commercial sea salts.
Bath salts make for a lovely gift, whether it’s for yourself, for someone in need of a little pick-me-up or as a hostess gift.
Green Acre Scent’s come in stunning glass jars that can be exposed in your bathroom as any other décor item. Your purchase also comes with a salt spatula and a reusable muslin bag to prevent it from clogging your drain.
For a full bath, count approximately a quarter cup of salts.
*Children under the age of 2 shouldn’t bathe in bath salts. Other restrictions may apply therefore speak with a health care professional when in doubt.